Autocross results on search engines

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Autocross results on search engines
From: "Nathan Dyck" <nathan@mitsi.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:08:49 -0500
I sent this to team.net, but I don't know if you are subscribed, so here you go.

If you are an autocross site webmaster and want to keep your results from
showing up in search engines without resorting to passwords, hear is an easy
way to accomplish that.

Just ask search engines NOT to index your results.  If your result files are in
the /results/ folder of you website simply create a "robots.txt" file in the
root directory of you website that contains the following information:

Disallow: /results/

For more information on robots.txt files check out:
http://www.searchengineworld.com/robots/robots_tutorial.htm

Nathan Dyck
MKII MR2 Autocross FAQ
http://web.mitsi.com/autocross