Re: Kumho Ecsta 712 thoughts...

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kumho Ecsta 712 thoughts...
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@tmfhs.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:46:15 -0500
I've got about 12,000 miles on mine so far (225/45/16's).  No complaints
at all.  I live in TX, so I have no idea how they'll perform in snow,
but in rain they're great.  They have one of the biggest center rain
grooves I've ever seen on a tire.  Grip isn't bad, but certainly not on
a par with Azenis, S03's, etc.  However I was looking for a long wearing
tire, and I drive conservatively (for an autocrosser ;-)) on the street.
 I certainly like them a lot more than the Nitto's I used to have.  Not
only are they much cheaper, they appear to be wearing just as well,
they're quieter, and they offer more grip.  I think they offer the best
value for what I was looking for in a tire.

-brad