Dangerous Stuff

To: "Teamdotnet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dangerous Stuff
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 06:02:19 -0400
At 11:32 PM 6/17/2002 -0500, Phil Ethier wrote:

>If they were not just using radar for simple speeding, I'd be in favor of
>it.  I mean, if sneaky cop cars were used to tag drivers doing dangerous
>stuff like tailgating and weaving through traffic; and leave the clean and
>careful speeders alone; I'd be thrilled.

A VERY large percentage of the speeders I see in my daily (freeway) commute
are also doing the "dangerous" stuff . . . otherwise they couldn't speed
because the slower (i.e. 5 to 10 over the limit) drivers are in their way.

The biggest problem I see is that the enforcement generally cannot be
safely done during the commute time frame when the craziest stuff happens.
Too much disruption due to all the traffic.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF