Re: Atlanta divisional - long & wordy

To: TeamZ06@aol.com
Subject: Re: Atlanta divisional - long & wordy
From: <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:18:00 -0400
> Frankly, it's a good thing this is a voluntary
> position because you could never pay me enough
> to deal with this kind of stuff  :-)

I feel your pain :)  It really isn't my intent to be a backseat driver.  We
hear the Monday morning quarterbacks at our local events and it sucks.  I'm
sorry if I'm being that guy.  Not the intent.

> It's about realizing that there are many other
> regions in this division that deserve to have
> their day in the sun too.

Agreed.  I didn't see them as mutually exclusive.  My thought was the more the
merrier.

> The response from AR members has been
> surprising for me.  I've known a lof of you
> over the years and expected a bit more
> compassion for all the people who year after
> year made the long haul to support an AR
> divisional.  The Florida & Carolina members
> have been particularly supportive of AR
> events.  Is it really asking too much for you
> to give your support to them, as they have done
> for you so many times in the past?

Not at all.  In fact I'm incredibly excited about the Gainseville and Roebling
events.  Truth be told, I'd rather run a race track than ANY parking lot.  I
want to offer up a big THANKS for putting these together.  I considered going
to Ft. Myers, but the sound limit scared me off.  Same reason I didn't hit the
National Tour.  (Not bitching about sound limits - just stating facts).

> your humble punching bag,  :-)

Now you're making me feel bad.  That's no fun :)  Seriously Mark - I (we)
really appreciate the footwork on the SEDIV Series.  We had hoped for an
Atlanta event, but if the limit is 3 then so be it.  Track me down at
Gainesville and I'll buy the first beer.  I'm the black buzz-bomb Civic with
Panasports and a hood scoop.

Dave Hardy
89 SM