Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: PA suggestions?

To: "Ernie Hernandez" <ejhernandez@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: PA suggestions?
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 07:44:25 -0500
I often hear people wonder why there is not much sponsorship in Solo.  I
submit that we just don't "get it".  It's a game folks.  You do not have to
buy anything just because they are a sponsor, no one is suggesting that.  I
think it would be wise, however, to refrain from encouraging everyone to buy
*other* than our sponsor, don't you think?  People will ultimately shop and
compare for themselves, so do we need to publicly post arguments over why
*not* to buy from our sponsor?

If your club is in the financial bind that $200 is a deal breaker, than by
all means get something you can afford.  Otherwise, do what is best for our
sport and give back a little to a company that has given to us!  That's how
it works folks.  I am/was a musician myself.  I've owned both Carvin and
Peavey guitar amplifiers.  I ended up going with Peavey, but they are both
fine peices of equipment.

Again, buy what you can afford and what is appropriate for your use, but
please give careful consideration to the people who support you.

(sore spot rant mode off)

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer