Re: Forwarded: Leave AS alone

To: "David W. James" <vnend@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Forwarded: Leave AS alone
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng DRAM Repair <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:57:09 -0600
I still say give AS time to develop. Seems like most of the people complaining
about
AS aren't in AS (you are the exception Dave). I agree with you in that I too
think the
M coupe and roadster along with the Supra could compete with the C4 vettes.
What I
think we need is more participation from the other cars in this class besides
the C4's.
I know they are out there. We just need to let them know they have a place to
play.
So far mainly only C4's show up, and as Ben pointed out, these are people who
previously
owned them, not people who purchased them to run in AS. Yes, there are a couple
of exceptions
(Charlie Shelton and Scott McHugh) but for the most part people are afraid to
make the
financial commitment to a class which could be gone next year.

AS is not broken, it just needs some time to develop and thats not gonna happen
unless there
is some assurance it will be around for a while. Also, many C4 vette owners
have found other
places to play. We need to let them know we have a good spot for them in the
SCCA again.

Scott Troyer
AS#71, 93 vette