Re: Forwarded: Leave AS alone

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Forwarded: Leave AS alone
From: "David W. James" <vnend@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:41:47 -0400
>------- Start of forwarded message -------
>Why not make AS the ES of the big cars. Make it an old car (affordable)
>class. Stay with it and see what develops in the long run.
>
>Ben Thatcher
>http://ApexBenefits.biz
>C4 driver in BSP/SM2

        Be carefull what you ask for, you just might get it.  I think
that the M-Coupe and Roadster can run with and beat the C-4 (yes,
even with our suspension handicaps).  I suspect that the older 911s
that should run in the class can too (if they ever come back from
playing their own games.)  I am not that worried about the 3rd Gen
RX7tt, and that seems to be a car that worries C4 owners (and fits
perfectly with what you are suggesting.)

        The Boxster S I'm not sure about.  Rob's performance at
Nationals shows that it *can* run with the Z-06 (beating most of
them), but most drivers can't get that level of performance out of
it.  But then I didn't think that we were classing cars based on
their performance in 'average' hands, but on their theoretical
performance.  If we had as many Boxster Ses competing at Nationals as
Z-06s, we would probably see a Boxster win it; one of those 'good'
drivers would do it.  1 or 2 vs 20-30, on the other hand, simply
means that the odds of the Boxster driver making a small mistake and
one of the Corvette drivers making a smaller one goes up.  Corvette
dominates, though the Boxster is its equal.

David
--
David W. James                  vnendNOSPAM@adelphia.net
                     Remove spam block to send email.