Re: Koni shock rebuilding?

To: autox@autox.team.net, adahl@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: Koni shock rebuilding?
From: Carlos Lopez <clopez95m3@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:00:11 -0700 (PDT)
Alan Dahl wrote:
>My '90 Miata isn't a race car anymore so I don't need special valving
>or anything, it's just my every day commuter.

Guys,

On the Koni questions, is there a way to tell if the damper is shot if
it's not installed in the vehicle?  Specifically, you push the rod down
and it stays down (no leaks though).  I know they are oil filled but
was wondering if there is any nitrogen in them as well.  I only have
experience with Bilsteins which are obviously very different and have
very little experience with dampers as a whole.  Please cc me in the
response (digest mode ya know). :-)

Carlos
Detroit Region
91 M3 installing SA fronts and DA rears.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com