Hair dryer needed

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hair dryer needed
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 16:48:46 -0500
Howdy all.

I am in the process of building up a turbocharged 2.4 liter Neon for the
2003 GRM $2003 Challenge and need a little help.

If anyone out there is a Ford 2.3 turbo fan/freak/collector/whatever, I need
to buy a reasonably priced (read: cheap) used Garrett T3 off of a T-bird
TurboCoupe that still has some miles left in it.  So please search those
closets and garage shelves for old fod turbo parts and help a fellow
autocrosser and team dot netter beat the odds and do well.  You will of
course be given the appropriate kudos whenever the opportunity presents
itself.

My plan is do very well in the autocross and drag race portions of the event
and say to hell with the concours portion.  It's highly overrated in my
books anyway, as it is with most of the GRM subscribers and fellow racers
that I've spoken with, and out of character from the very nature of cheap
race cars.  Hell, when it comes to cheap paint jobs we all know that
rattle-cans and Sear's Weather Beater rule!!  ;^)  If I can beat a good
portion of the cars where it couts, in the races, then I could care less if
they beat me on "pretty" points.  I'm sure a lot of you would agree with me
on that.

As usual, thanks in advance.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS