Hoosier life span, heat cycles, etc....

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hoosier life span, heat cycles, etc....
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@tmfhs.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 09:47:49 -0500
I've heard that Hoosiers begin to lose grip when they reach a certain
age.  Has anyone experienced this for sure?  I've got a set of the bias
ply Street TD's, and lately they just don't seem to have the traction
they used to.  Being Street TD's, I've gotten probably 80+ runs out of
them and they still have a bit of tread left.  The most noticeably loss
of traction is under heavy braking.  They're just more prone to locking
up than they used to be.

Not that I'm complaining.  I couldn't be happier with the life I've
gotten out of these tires, but I need to know if there is the definite
possibility that the tires may be losing grip before they "wear out".
Otherwise, I must be getting sloppy with the brake pedal!  Thanks.

-brad