Helmet with small exterior

To: AutoX List <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Helmet with small exterior
From: Casey Kobyluk <ckobyluk@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 17:15:46 -0700 (PDT)
I am a new autoXer trying to buy my first helmet.
There is a clearence of about three inches between my
head and my cars headliner, but the helmets that I
have tried all hit the headliner.  I could recline my
seat, but I prefer to sit upright.

Does anyone know of inexpensive Snell-approved helmet
models that eat up less headroom than most?  Is there
a FAQ or website that answers this question?
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com