Clarification: Petersburg ESP results

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Clarification: Petersburg ESP results
From: "James A. Crider" <autojim@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 14:00:54 -0400
Well, since I missed my window of opportunity, I can't officially protest
the published results, but for the record, my last pair of runs were a
28.108 on the left and a 27.919 on the right.  I did not exactly duplicate
my first pair of runs (RL left, 28.499 right) as the published results
indicate.  I had been in 5th going into the last pair of runs, the times I
ran moved me to 4th... or so I though.  The published results show me
dropping to 6th.

The results were not yet available when Impound told us to scram, they
needed the room.  They were not posted on the results board by the time I
left the event site (during Round 2 of the Bonus Challenge).  I have been
told that I should have stayed in Impound until I saw the results.

Not a whine, not a rant, just a correction/clarification of the results
published from this event.  It's not going to affect the year-end
championship in the class (I'm not that good), but it would have been nice
to get 10 points instead of 7 all the same and have the published results
reflect my performance on the course.  You can be sure I'll be far more
particular about demanding to see the results at the event in the future --
and you should be, too:  it's in the rules that they *must* be posted.

Jim Crider
autojim@att.net