Fjr. and Spec Fjr and 100cc non-shifter carts

To: demented-inc@prodigy.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fjr. and Spec Fjr and 100cc non-shifter carts
From: "Brad Holliday" <bradholliday@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 14:36:25 +0000
Benny,

You can order a WKA rulebook at http://www.worldkarting.com/  Based on the
current SCCA rulebook, this would be the one to reference, since SCCA
specifically states that the engine preparation should be to WKA standards.

If you're interested in other kart racing, I would find out what
organization is racing at your local track, and get their rulebook as well.
Two organizations that race in Oklahoma are:

IKF:    http://ikfkarting.com/
KART:   http://www.kart.org/

As far as the Spec. class, I'm not sure of the details, but would be
interested if you find something out.  I believe it uses a 4-cycle Briggs as
the base, but I don't know if you can make the "Stock" modifications as per
other karting organization rules.

Personally, I would like to see the Spec class be based on 2-cycle for a
couple of reasons.  1.) At least in our area, the 2-cycle classes have more
participation if you want to race KART, IKF, etc. in addition to Solo II
2.) The power of the 2-cycle classes is limited by exhaust only, which
should be easier to indentify at tech than whether or not the proper
restrictor is in place.

Brad Holliday