Re: Cleaning Dirty Rims

To: Red Raevyn <redraevyn@softhome.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning Dirty Rims
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 15:39:55 -0500
Spray it down good with Simple Green.  Let it sit for about a minute.
Then get after it with a brush and lots of elbow grease.  Rinse it off
with plenty of water before it dries.  If that didn't get all of it, let
the water dry and then repeat - concentrating on the dirtiest areas.
Did that this afternoon on my Chebby S-10 tow vehicle.  Right front pads
went away a few weeks ago and chewed up the rotor pretty good.  Inside
of the rim looked like warmed-over death.  Looks pretty good now!!!

If there's no tire mounted on the rim, and it's not painted, you could
just remove the valve stem and shoot it real good with a can of brake
parts cleaner.  I wouldn't recommend doing that with a tire mounted,
though.  That stuff's not very friendly to rubber.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman