Re: One in three tires might fail new U.S. rules

To: "Teamdotnet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: One in three tires might fail new U.S. rules
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 12:10:28 -0700
> Rember, the DOT certification that R compound tires get is the same as ALL
> other DOT certified tires.  They are not restricted to driving on
autocross
> courses or even just to or from them.

Yeah, they have to be certified to be completely safe for that Ford
Excursion full of kids and luggage that passed me on the 210 last week like
I was parked....  I was going over 85 mph at the time.

And, of course, the same vehicle is made by a car company that routinely
lowers air pressure recommendations in order to "tune" ride quality.

6,000lb vehicle on a long trip going 95-100 mph on underinflated tires....
Let's legislate a safety margin for that.