Re: One in three tires might fail new U.S. rules

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: One in three tires might fail new U.S. rules
From: Mike King <mapcomaps@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:20:34 -0400
on 5/29/02 9:55 PM, Matt Murray at mattm@optonline.net wrote:

> STANDING THE HEAT
>
> While data on tire-related crashes is sketchy, NHTSA estimates
> that about 414 deaths and 10,275 injuries a year might be caused
> by failing tires.

Wrong! Thank for you for playing, our government. Its the lack of properly
educated drivers who panic at the slightest hint of a blowout or any other
distraction and do something stupid to cause the crash or Explorer rollover.
Come on, educate these dumbasses who call themselves "safe drivers". Just my
opinion of course...and my morning rant. Oh, and get off your cellphone and
drive, too. How many deaths do thoses cause every year??

MK