Re: I need everyones help...

To: "Andrew Schmiechen" <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>,
Subject: Re: I need everyones help...
From: "Dave Hardy" <dave2020@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 00:56:35 -0400
Well, before you go driving into poles and setting fires, at least give it a
chance.  It actually was better than I expected. I'd get the Matrix if I was
gonna get one, just because I like the styling better. But there was a lot
to like about it. 180 HP, 6 speed, lots of room, decent handling, etc. If I
was shopping for this segment, I'd definitely consider it.

I took it to a BMWCCA autocross while I had it.  In the bone stock Vibe,
with Continental all season tires, I was midpack among SP prepped bimmers.
I was only 3.5 seconds out of FTD, which was captured by a DSP Prelude on
Hoosiers.  I wouldn't have placed as high among better competition, but I
did walk away impressed.  It is better than the sum of it's parts,  or lack
thereof (180 HP and FWD should be required to come with an LSD).

Dave Hardy
89 SM
DILYSI Motorsports - Drive It Like You Stole It!