RE: Better check this out...

To: "TommyB" <winnipegtommy@shaw.ca>, "Alex Plaster"
Subject: RE: Better check this out...
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <fuhrmann@cpinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 04:40:00 -0500
Tommy:  Someone just talked you into erasing part of your operating system.

I can bet that the message you got was from a "real reputable" source.  I
have no idea why, but for some reason people want to believe their non techy
friends rather than real sources.

There are a number of reputable sources of information that will tell you
when there are real things to be careful about.

Since you are a Windows user, I recommend subscribing to one or more of the
e-mail newsletters at http://www.woodyswatch.com/ .  The are primarily for
tips of how to make the various microsoft software programs work better but
pull no punches and also have warnings plus fixes for the major viruses that
appear.