Re: Synthetic oil

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Synthetic oil
From: Bob Pariza <bpariza@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:54:19 -0700 (PDT)
They all have to be pretty similar, their biggest customer (yep, the
government) demands that all the motor oils they buy be compatible with
eachother.  It seems to me that if you have confidence in the particular "magic
goo" that goes in your engine, you change it regularly and frequently, you use
a quality (there's a nebulus term for ya) filter and change it frequently too,
that the engine will most likely last longer than you'd expect.  Back when I
was younger and more foolish I ran whatever was cheap and changed it when I
started feeling guilty, and I've never had an oil related failure.  Maybe I've
just been lucky, but I sorta think they're all good products.  Of course some
might be a little better than others, but if you change it every 3k ~ 6k miles,
you'll be in fine shape, whichever brand you choose.

  Ron Nottingham <nottingham@alltel.net> wrote: Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 16:25:45
-0400