Re: 2002 Meridian national tour

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2002 Meridian national tour
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:27:50 EST
In a message dated 11/12/01 2:05:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lepiccione@yahoo.com writes:

> Why does the SCCA have to have the Ft. Myers ProSolo
> the
> same weekend as the Daytona 500?  The east side of the
> state is impossible to drive thru, and if you decide
> stop for the night you can not find a vacant room in
> any hotel!
> Lee

Lee,

For anyone coming down the East coast to Ft Myers, the best route
is to take I-495 just past the Jacksonville airport, then I-10 West over
to I-75 South, then follow I-75 all the way down the west coast of Florida.
I took this route several times this past season, and although it's a few
miles longer (about 30mi IIRC) you miss all the traffic in Jacksonville,
Daytona Beach, and Orlando.  I could easily drive it in the same time
that it took to follow I-95 and I-4 over to I-75, and is a much less stressful
drive, especially when towing.

GH