Re: state troopers

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: state troopers
From: "Phillip Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:44:15 -0400
Yeah, Texas is notorious for their 5 officer police depts. serving 50
residents along wide open highways.  Revenue enhancers as they are know
here.  Legislation is supposed to be introduced to get a handle on this sort
of speed trap.  I like Ky.'s law:  No police courts, no JP courts.  All
traffic tickets are assigned to district court.  Fines collected go to the
state, and are used to run the entire court system, based on court system
needs across the state...This leaves little to no incintive for speed traps,
especially on the open highway where ridiculously slow limits are set
specifically for the "revenue enhancement" officers...

Phil O. (retired cop, hated to write traffic tickets anyway unless actions
were absolutely unsafe)