Re: Kosei question

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>,
Subject: Re: Kosei question
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 18:49:15 -0500
I do not know the Kosei wheel specifically, but it seems to me the wheel was
designed to be used with that valve stem. The valve stem was designed to go
into that wheel. That's why you received them as a package. Seems reason
enough not to screw with the design.

Tighten that nut to proper torque, it should not come loose and fly around
inside the tire. I've never heard of such a failure with any wheel with
metal valves.

As a racer, I have metal valves on my race wheels. I would not have rubber.

Suggest you go visit Charlie Clark and ask him about that. He knows a thing
or two about wheels. He'll even mount your tires on them.

--Rocky