Re: What's your dream car?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What's your dream car?
From: "Dr. Stuart Strickland" <stuart@strickland.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:19:35 +0200
Ah, dreams.  On reflection, these come in four categories:

1) The car I will drool over for a few months, read up on, then one day
(without having mentioned it to my wife) drive and buy without
hesitation or regret.  In my case, this was a 1999 Lotus Elite 111S
(apologies across the ocean -- I know it's painful not to have this
choice).

2) The car I obsess about for years, buy a towtruck to carry, search
after hopelessly, desperately for another few years, rent a garage
twenty miles from home to hide it from my wife, save some more money,
and finally maybe one day when the stock market improves marginally,
actually buy.  In my case, this is a 1957-63 Lotus Elite.  (Going to
look at another one in the U.K. next week).

3) The car that is tantalizingly beyond reach -- expensive, scarce,
beautiful, utterly idiotic anywhere outside of a musuem.  Not impossible
to imagine, but events only slightly less unlikely than winning the
lottery would have to converge:  In my case, the Jaguar C-Type (circa
1951).

4) The utterly laughable 14-year old in me still wants this car like he
once wanted the woman in the Farah Fawcett poster on his adolescent wall
(just ain't gonna happen, kid):  The afore-mentioned Porsche 904.

Stuart