Re: here it is & Englewood name change.

To: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: here it is & Englewood name change.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:00:04 -0500
From: Rick Brown <free2000@quixnet.net>

>> I remember when Port Arthur and Fort William (Ontario) combined and named
>> the new city Thunder Bay.  That made some sense.
>
>That makes sense?  Port Fort or Authur William would make sense :-)

It made sense for the cities to combine.

It made sense for them to pick a new name which worked for the region and in
no way could be said to favor or disfavor either city.  Thunder Bay is the
name of the body of water that lies between the city and the island known as
"The Sleeping Giant".  Pretty town 150 miles up the North Shore from Duluth.

The point of changing Englewood to Centennial is something I don't know.  Be
happy to listen to anyone who knows the story.  It will make a nice footnote
to SCCA history.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati