Re: National Staff moving?

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: Re: National Staff moving?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:41:20 -0500
At the press conference, Steve Johnson said all of the National staff (about
50 people) has been invited to move.

They were only told Tuesday. Dunno yet how many are going to pick up on the
invite.

If I were to hazard wild speculation (with nothing to base it on but my own
intuition) I'd bet most of the key staff will move. Denver is not their
emotional home (Howard's from Florida, Patc in Road Racing is from Nebraska,
for example). These are people who, to go to work for SCCA, moved from
somewhere else. More likely those who won't move are those for whom SCCA was
"just a job" -- the lower-level staff who responded to ads for a secretary,
etc., and who are Denver born and bred. They get replaced by people from the
Topeka job market.

And remember, the move does not happen for another 15 months.

--Rocky