RE: National office move

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: National office move
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 00:39:26 -0500
What a nice summation the attitude that makes forty seven states wish
California would fall off the continent.

(drive to Topeka, 2H 45M, without speeding)

---
As to the racing center of the country, I have a strictly biased opinion

that while the southeast may arguably be the center of the race
spectating population due to Nascar, I think California is the center of

the race participation population.  Two SCCA regions have their own
large, mutliconfiguration road courses.  There are of course those other

obscure tracks- Laguna Seca, Sears Point, and Willow Springs.  If  those

tracks don't have CART or Nascar, they are having SCCA events or NASA
events or
schools or club track days.  San Francisco Region, Cal Club, and San
Diego
are all pushing 300 particpants at their SCCA autocross events, and it
is not
unusual in San Diego for the SCCA, the Porsche Club, and the BMW club to
be
having autoxes at Qualcomm Stadium on the same day in different lots.
We're probably talking 500 drivers competing at one site on the same
day.
Plus, there are 5 or so kart tracks within an hour's drive from my
house.  Then, for those who don't like turning both ways, I have there
are two dirt tracks and one asphalt short track within a 1/2 hour drive
of my
house.  And, let's not forget those wacky desert racers... or, the
California Rally series participants.

But, for those who'd really rather pay $50-200 to rent 12 inches of
hard aluminum seating in the broiling sun with a superfund toxic waste
site 50
feet under their fannies watching other people drive around in circles
while
being amazed at the number of confederate flags to be found in Southern
California, there's the California Speedway.

So, Mr. Johnson, if you're out there, you should really stop considering

moving the SCCA HQ anywhere eastward, and bring it, the Nats, the
Runoffs, and
every other important paricipant event in the SCCA universe to sunny
California...  where it's warm in the winter, you have no need to master
an
alternative American dialect, the skeeters won't carry off your cat, and
the
gators won't make your beloved rottweiler disappear.

--
--- Ron Chapman

--- rdcracer@earthlink.net

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.

///
///  To unsubscribe send a plain text message to
majordomo@autox.team.net ///  with nothing in it but ///
///     unsubscribe autox
///