Re: 626 Fan Belt?

To: rickcone@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: 626 Fan Belt?
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 03:46:25 -0400
>Don't ask why I need to know...

>Were there ever any fan belts on the Mazda 626?  Figuring that they all
were
>FWD I would assume they are all electric fans....

Actually, the first-gen 626 was RWD, but they've been FWD since '86 or so.
The FWD models may not have a "fan" belt per se, but they do have one or
two FEAD belts (that's "Front End Accessory Drive" to you, micro-v breath
:) running the water pump, alternator, AC compressor, PS pump, etc.

Jim Crider
autojim@att.net

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.