Re: research projects (off topic)

To: Jester097@aol.com, ner@ner.org, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: research projects (off topic)
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 22:27:46 EDT
In a message dated 8/1/01 7:52:45 PM Central Daylight Time, Jester097@aol.com
writes:

<< I kicked around some ideas with catalytic converter/emissions research,
and
 another idea that came to mind was mount some strain gauges on a motor block
 and see how it reacts to various (and excessive) loads, and also do some
 research into thin films coating on frictional surfaces (swaintech coatings
 on main bearings for one example).  Ideas, thoughts?  Any help is greatly
 appreciated.  Thanks!

 -Ryan 95SC2 #88ES

Do something with carbon fiber. Something like fender flares for a Camaro or
a hood
and decklid. You might as well think about materials on the cutting edge as
oppossed to doing engine stuff. Figure a way to do cheap and easy carbon lay
ups
at home and write a manuel on where to get the stuff and how to do it.
Research
the vaccum bagging thing and put it into simple terms that the average guy
can understand and make work. I'll buy the first copy!!!!!!!

Mike B. 99cm