Re: Early classing observations

To: Kent Rafferty <gs96@sgi.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early classing observations
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:50:12 -0800 (PST)
I've talked to Rob Falkner and Rob Houser and they
think that they (Boxter S) should not be in the same
class as the Z06, and the S2000 should be.  It's hard
to agree with them by looking at the results quickly
but also take into consideration that GH beat Rob in
his AS car.  According to your logic, both Boxters
should be in SS, and to take it a step further, Tim
Aro beat every Z06 in the MR2 Spyder, should that go
to SS also?  As far as the S2000 goes, Jason was not
too far behind GH.  I'm not saying that he's not a
talented driver but he's no Falkner/Sharp/Aro. I think
the main problems with the reclasssing proposal are
with the cars like the twin turbo 300zx/3000GT, cars
that are definitely not competitive in their current
classes.  The proposal puts the 300ZX UP one class,
ahead of it's current AS competitors.  I don't recall
the last time I saw a 300ZX TT whipping up in AS, and
don't think that the VR4 could either.

Sean Minehart
Team Underdog Racing
CS 98- '91 Yellow MR2