My Boneheaded Theory (I hope I'm wrong...)

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: My Boneheaded Theory (I hope I'm wrong...)
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:20:54 -0500
>From the excellent story Eric Salem told us about:

<snip>

     Winston Cup's Burton believes NASCAR "could be more proactive," but
adds, "One of the problems with Winston Cup racing isn't with NASCAR. It's
with the drivers and the teams. I can walk through a garage area [at any
Winston Cup track] and show you experienced race drivers, even Winston Cup
champions, who have no head restraints on their seats, who have their
seat-belt brackets mounted 100% wrong.
     "I could point out no less than five. Why is that? It's because people
in this series are hardheaded about safety matters. They believe in the
status quo."

<snip>

Quote from Bill Simpson this week:

"Our seatbelts, when properly installed, will not fail."

OMG!

Paul Foster