Re: <sigh> Dale Earnhardt

To: "'kcautox@yahoogroups.com'" <kcautox@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: <sigh> Dale Earnhardt
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:08:14 -0600
I've wondered about the helmet question before?? Why would you not want a
full
face helmet?? Especially when you are going 150+ mph???  I may be wrong by
saying this(And I'm sure someone will correct me) before Adam Petty's death
last
year the last death in Nascar was in 1996. I can't remember who it was in
1996 that died. But in less than the last 12 months three Nascar drivers
have
died. Maybe its time for them(Nascar) to take a look around??

Mike B. 99cm
===========================
Dale was definitely "old school" in his ways and wants.  He was one of the
last drivers to wear an open faced helmet and he also liked those little
bitty "old style" race seats compared to the "full enclosure" types (with
head, sholder, rib and leg supports) used by most other drivers.

I was at the World Of Wheels show here in KC this weekend when it happened.
We watched the race and immediately turned the boob tube off after the race
was over so we were quite shocked when a show patron came over to our SCCA
booth and told us the news.  Even I, the KnuckleDragger, paused for a moment
to offer my respects.

Dale, your race is finished.  May God hold a trophy for you in Heaven.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com