Re: [kcautox] Re: <sigh> Dale Earnhardt

To: MGTRAUTOXR@sprintmail.com, dlangton@cnx.net, kcautox@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [kcautox] Re: <sigh> Dale Earnhardt
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:50:04 EST
In a message dated 2/18/01 5:28:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
MGTRAUTOXR@sprintmail.com writes:

<<  While watching the 24 hour race at Daytona a few weeks ago I
 noticed that Dale, who was codriving one of the Corvettes, was wearing an
 open face helmet.  Even one of the announcers commenting on it and on how
 much less protection it provided when compared to a full face one.  >>

I've wondered about the helmet question before?? Why would you not want a full
face helmet?? Especially when you are going 150+ mph???  I may be wrong by
saying this(And I'm sure someone will correct me) before Adam Petty's death
last
year the last death in Nascar was in 1996. I can't remember who it was in
1996 that died. But in less than the last 12 months three Nascar drivers have
died. Maybe its time for them(Nascar) to take a look around??

Mike B. 99cm