Fort Myers ProSolo on local TV news!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fort Myers ProSolo on local TV news!
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 02:09:38
Yes, you read the subject correctly.  WINK-TV (CBS affiliate
here in Fort Myers) came out and shot staged practice starts
and some of the Evolution School action for the feature story
on their 5:00 PM news tonight.  They interviewed a few of
the local club members, plus Howard Duncan.  At the end,
they lined up the station's Escort Wagon against a CP Mustang
for a practice start.  They showed the launch from the front,
with the Mustang blowing him away off the line.  Then, they
switched to a finish line shot, where the Mustang went blasting
through the finish lights in the far lane.  About 3 seconds
later, the Escort Wagon came through WITH TWO GUYS PUSHING
IT FROM BEHIND!  Absolutely hilarious piece, and very well
done.  Still missing some important facts about the SCCA
and Solo/ProSolo, but great entertainment value for the
viewers.  Even the anchors were laughing about the station's
Escorts after the piece was over.

Anyway, Team HUOA taped the broadcast, and I'll get it digitized
one of these days.....

-Arthur ("My 'PAINT ME' license plate was on local TV" edition.)