Re: What's the best 14" street tire for max performance for

To: <JTHOR11@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What's the best 14" street tire for max performance for
From: "David Hedderick" <davebs14@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:51:04 -0600
I've run all 3 of these....The SP8000 is the best of the 3.
The AVS and RE-71 have terrible treadwear ratings and
don't last long at all. The SP8000 last longer than both, and
grips better. I have a set of AVS Intermediates on my Miata
now and I don't really like them at all. They don't have much
lateral grip at all. I would defiantly go with the SP8000's.
Just don't worry about how quickly the 1st half tread goes away.
The 2nd half lasts a LOT longer.  :-)

David Hedderick
94 Miata R