Re: How do you guys do it?

To: "Alek Tziortzis" <alextz@ss112.rsch.comm.mot.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How do you guys do it?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:12:50 -0600
From: Alek Tziortzis <alextz@ss112.rsch.comm.mot.com>

>Actually the worst part of it is getting to meridian
>from Ft. Myers. Theres a stretch of road from
>alabama to meridian of about 150 miles or so, two
>lane highway, lots of deer. Almost hit one last year,
>the deer got out of the way just in time

Almost picked up a doe with the Suburban just north of Stillwater Minnesota
Saturday night.  I was on my way to a LOON party and she jumped out directly
in front of me.  Missed her by a bit, as I had just enough time to lift, and
it was just enough.

I actually hit one with the same Suburban about a decade ago.  Dark night, I
never had a chance to react, as the first moment I saw the deer was in the
headlights as the truck struck it.

Be careful out there if you are driving something lower than a 'Burb.  A
face full of venison is no picnic.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.