Re: How do you guys do it?

To: moon-7@blazenet.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How do you guys do it?
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:51:23
Eric Moon <moon-7@blazenet.net> wrote:

>I've noticed that there's a bunch of drivers who are on the
>entry lists for both this weekend's ProSolo in Ft. Myers, as
>well as the NT in Meridian the following weekend.  Some of those names hail
>from places as far as or further away than Harrisburg, PA.

Yup.

>Do you guys take 2 week long autocross vacations, or drive home
>and drive back down the very next weekend?

I'm spending the week between the event in Florida.  With the
outside temperature right now at a balmy 10 F right now here
in the Hudson Valley of New York, I'll make that sacrifice
in the name of autocross. :-)  Seriously, though, I have
relatives all over the state of Florida, and only get to
see them once per year.  Last year, I left Daytona just before
midnight on Thursday, and got to Meridian in time to be first
in line for the practice course on Friday morning.

>Is it more convenient for travelling competitors that events
>to be scheduled this way (consecutive weekends)?

I probably wouldn't drive down to Meridian if I wasn't
already in the neighborhood, despite last year's event being
the best event that I've *ever* attended.  The "national
month of hell" that we've endured here on the east coast
for the past few years (Peru, Petersburg, Ayer, Harrisburg
on back-to-back weekends) is hard, and thankfully the SCCA
didn't do that to us again this year.....

-Arthur