Re: How do you guys do it?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How do you guys do it?
From: Sean Minehart <mr_two_2001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:57:53 -0800 (PST)
Us Underdogs are leaving Thursday night/Friday morning
so we can make it there for practice starts.  Last
year we had some trouble and didn't arrive until well
after dark.  We will leave in 4 cars with 7 people,
all wired with CB Radios.  The CB's definitely make
the 12 hour trip easier and more fun too, since a lot
of the time the person in the passenger seat is
sleeping, and the driver doesn't have to sing to the
radio to stay awake.  Unfortunately, I have to drive
straight back from Ft. Meyers to be in class at 8:05
Monday morning, and since I can't skip 2 Fridays in a
row, I have to wait until Friday afternoon to leave
for the 8= hour drive to Meridian, and then rush back
to class Monday morning again.  But it's not like I
ever [need] sleep anyway.  At the end of last year I
tallied up all my autocross related driving and it
added up to almost 35,000 miles, added with the normal
city driving, plus I deliver pizza for a living, and I
put a total of 65,000 miles on the Civic last year.
Figure an average speed of 50mph and I spent 54 days
in that car last year.

Sean Minehart
Team Underdog Racing
CS 98- '91 Yellow MR2
(Graphics for the Underdog MR2's (98/99) are coming
soon)