fram deal - my take

To: "autox@autox.team.net, autox@autox.team.net, team.net"
Subject: fram deal - my take
From: Doug Miller <drmiller100@home.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:28:13 -0700
The new president makes a deal that will bring money to our club,
and free publicity.

When members of the club find out, they complain that the president
chose the biggest manufacturer of product to create a relationship with
instead of some substantially smaller, less known brands that are more limited
in exposure and marketing clout.

I guess I'm sitting here thinking that the new president has already done more
to market this club then I ever have.

In particular, seems to me that most folks complaing about Fram haven't
indicated that they have done anything for the national level marketing of
SCCA.

I'm thankful and grateful that someone high up in the club is proactively
trying
to help the club, and I sincerely hope they continue to try to help the SCCA.

-Doug Miller