K&N Television spots was: Fram Deal

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: K&N Television spots was: Fram Deal
From: "Murray, Matthew D." <MDMURRAY@gwns.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 21:43:00 -0500
Rocky:

You know I couldn't resist this. :^) We aired a K&N spot in
December (ISCI was KNPW-9906). There are another three
versions that air, too. Glad you picked up on the
"low hanging fruit" theory for contacting Fram, by Mr. Johnson.

Matt
From: Rocky Entriken
. . . While this may have been one of the easier marketing coups S.Johnson
has
done or will do, it does mark an initial step in both trying to get the SCCA
name out there, and in trying to get Corporate America to support what we
do. . . .

. . . When's the last time you saw a K&N ad
on television or in a magazine (other than car mags)? What exposure to The
World would K&N give us? If you, as a consumer, really like the K&N then by
all means use it! But realize that while the K&N may (in your opinion)
further your competition goals, it would do little to further SCCA's
exposure goals. A corporate support that may be 10% of K&N's marketing
budget may be a tenth of a percent of Fram's -- thus it would be out of
reach for a K&N and easily within reach for a Fram. And that is to our
benefit.

 --Rocky Entriken