Re: SM PAX

To: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>,
Subject: Re: SM PAX
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:31:49 -0600
From: Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>

>> No, in ALL places that mandates retaining the cat.
>>
>Minor point:
>
>Unless of course they were not originally equipped with cats.  I would
>think all states would have this allowance.

Minor point:  Mandating the RETENTION of a cat-con presupposed the existence
of the cat-con.  Mandating that a car BE EQUIPPED WITH a cat-con would be a
statement that could cause trouble.

I do not know enough about SM rules to know if all eligible cars were
originally equipped with a cat-con.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.