RE: ST cats (was: Was: SM PAX & 'Street Legal?' Now: cats)

To: "'Mark J. Andy'" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: RE: ST cats (was: Was: SM PAX & 'Street Legal?' Now: cats)
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:03:09 -0600
ST requires the use of the factory cat?  Really?
==========================
Silly, huh.  It's in the proposal for the 2002 season though.

> I just love gray areas.  ;^)

So you're saying that as long as the stock & aftermarket cat are grey that
its legal?

I dunno if I buy that color is the differentiator between OEM and a "High
performance" cat.
That's my point.  We've already established that it's legal (both federally
and with the SCCA) to replace a non-functioning OEM cat with an aftermarket
unit.  But what I wanna know is, what exactly constitutes an "OEM" type unit
versus a "high performance" type unit?  Is it the outer case color?  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com