Re: SM PAX & 'Street Legal?'

To: <washburn@dwave.net>, <jemitchell@compuserve.com>, <jamies@mrj.com>,
Subject: Re: SM PAX & 'Street Legal?'
From: SVPViper@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:25:20 EST
You guys... you are correct, but you are mistaken.  Here is the problem...
Street Mod rules clearly state (and I quote)

"C. Street Modified
The purpose of this class is to allow the maximum amount of creativity while
maintaining streetability. The following modifications are allowed beyond those
allowed for STR
1.
a) All Street Prepared modifications allowed"

That right there allows Cat removal... I talked to Howard Duncan about this
last year... it also thus allows 'non' emissions legal Headers, (which STS &
STR do not).

b) Vehicle must be legally registered for the street

This has been interpreted as Having License plates, and registration.  For the
vehicle.

At least, last time I checked... The Difference between Street Prepared, and
Street Mod... is you could still do all the intake & exhaust mods in SP, but
you wouldn't have to have the car licensed.

   Peace,
       Dave Schotz

In a message dated Thu, 18 Jan 2001  8:41:03 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Patrick
Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net> writes:

<< > Jamie Sculerati wrote:

> > In some places, that mandates retaining the cat,
>
> No, in ALL places that mandates retaining the cat.

Minor point:

Unless of course they were not originally equipped with cats.  I would
think all states would have this allowance.

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI