Re: Help with a Kid Kart

To: "Millers" <bljj@adelphia.net>, "autox - submit"
Subject: Re: Help with a Kid Kart
From: "Rick" <mudfly@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:53:26 -0500
The rules are per WKA. for an 8  yearold you will want to run a "box stock"
Briggs 5hp un-modified You will need to run a ..425 purple restrictor and an
RLV B91 muffler, I suggest a a12-14" header, .930 diameter. I suggest using
a Ratech/Noram or Max Torque 6 spring clutch with 15 teeth.
The 12 year old can use the same kart, however he can also run unrestricted
Briggs 5 hp or the Yamaha KT100 with an SSX restricted exhaust muffler.
For 2001 the NT's (so i'm told) will have two kart classes. The stock briggs
class is one and the other encompasses all the other WKA engine variations
appropriate  to age of the competitor.
Unless you plan on buying two karts your best bet is to have both boys run
in the Spec Briggs class.

rick