Help with a Kid Kart

To: "autox - submit" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with a Kid Kart
From: "Millers" <bljj@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 10:32:49 -0500
I am considering buying a Kart for my 8 year old and could use a little
advice.  The main purpose of the Kart will be for autox.

My understanding is a Kart has to run in it's WKA (or whatever)
configuration.

I recently saw a Top Kart - Mini Kart with a Comer 80cc motor.  The sales
guy said there are no restrictors, etc. required.
 1. Is this OK for autox, ( a Tour and or Divisional)?
2. What Kart class would it run?
3. Do they have minimum weight requirements?
4. This Kart has a 900mm wheel base, is that required for 8 year old kids?
5. Can he use a larger (1040mm) Kart, or is there some Jr requirement?
6. About the motor, should we really be looking for a 100cc ( or Briggs)
motor and run a restrictor until he gets older?

I also have a 12 year old who has shown interest,
7. Could I get one Kart for both of them to share?
I suspect the 12 year old is perhaps too big for the Mini Kart

At the NEDIV last year I think Wade Scannell's kids had this make of Kart
but don't recall the model or the engine type.  If anyone has more details
please let me know.

Thanks
Bob Miller  (on the digest)