Re: Entry forms

To: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>, "Mike Neary" <mcneary@usa.com>,
Subject: Re: Entry forms
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 17:15:21 -0600
Some of the forms (but not Pro Solo, apparently) Acrobat 3 will read just
fine.

Just view the page at 100% and you should have no problem. It also will
print out legibly.

I have Acrobat Reader 3.0. I just tested it on both the "Official Solo Entry
Form" and the sanction Application form. It worked on them. But wottehell,
may as well get the upgrade.

What is happening with some forms is that the type you see on the screen is
"greened." That is, any type that is visually below a certain size will show
instead as black lines, as a Ben-day dot pattern or hashmarks. I have a
"pagemaker" program (Quark) where I can set the greek size and I have it at
7 points. That's not 7 points actual, but 7 points as seen on the screen
(what shows fine at 100% is greeked at 50%). One thing greeking does is make
the page load faster.

Those BIG BLACK BOXES, however, is not greek. Can you say incompatible?  :-)

--Rocky Entriken