Re: Car Classifications

To: "davidschwabe" <davidschwabe@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Car Classifications
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@Kingston.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:29:05 -0800
A great regional car but a touch heavy at 2700-2800 lbs and a soft torque
curve from the 13B.  Wheels a little narrow for the weight..

AB

"davidschwabe" <davidschwabe@hotmail.com>@autox.team.net on 01/04/2001
03:23:33 PM

Please respond to "davidschwabe" <davidschwabe@hotmail.com>

Sent by:  owner-autox@autox.team.net

To:   <autox@autox.team.net>
cc:

Just out of curiousity, why is the 2nd Gen Rx-7 GTU or GTUs uncompetitive
in CS?? *On paper* it looks to be a great car for CS, but it must not play
out
 that way on the track... why?

 BTW, the 1.6 Miata is a fun car, and will serve you well.

 --Dave

> Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:47:01 EST
> From: Smokerbros@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Car Classifications
>
> In a message dated 1/3/01 6:46:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> marka@telerama.com writes:
>

> > Other cars in CS (that seem competitive) are the Toyota MR2 2nd gen
> > non-turbo, Porsche 924, and Mazda ??? Gen RX7 (not the turbo versions).
> > By far the most popular car is the MR2, but the 1.6 Miata is plenty
> > competitive up to and including national level drivers.
> >
> IMHO, there are no competitive RX-7s in C/Stock.  The best of that group
is
> the '84-5 GSL-SE, and it's not up to the task.  I tried one for several
> years, as did several others.  By 1998, none of us could grab a National
> trophy in one.  I did jump into an MR-2 and trophy in '99, just so no one
> thinks it's the drivers...  My opinion is that the RX-7s, Alfas, and
Datsuns