Re: Car Classifications

To: Ken Breza <kenandjanet@gosfgiants.com>
Subject: Re: Car Classifications
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:45:15 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On 3 Jan 2001, Ken Breza wrote:
> I am new to solo 2. I need some help determining which class my car
> runs. It is a stock 1993 Mazda Miata.  The SCCA solo 2 web site has it
> classed in E stock.  However, I recently read in Grassroots
> Motorsports that SCCA was not going to use the proposed class
> restructure.  Which is C Stock or E Stock?

Its classed in CS.  There's a proposed re-structuring of the classes out
there, but that has been confirmed by the SCCA as not being adopted for
the 2001 season.

Other cars in CS (that seem competitive) are the Toyota MR2 2nd gen
non-turbo, Porche 924, and Mazda ??? gen RX7 (not the turbo versions).
By far the most popular car is the MR2, but the 1.6 miata is plenty
competitive up to and including national level drivers.

Mark