NO spec tires please

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: NO spec tires please
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:33:30 -0400
Well If we plan on getting more tire companies interested in our sport
creating a "spec" tire is a bad Idea...  heck we need someone to fill BFG's
shoes
And with the current rules, "hot" tires may skew one or two events, however
I don't believe a tire company will not risk never competing again in that
class by creating a "cheater" tire. We should make it a rule where if a tire
company is found guilty of creating a "Cheater" tire then that whole BRAND
is banned from STS competition for 1-2 seasons, that will keep the companies
in check...  and imagine what can happen if we get 7 or 8 tire companies
battling for supremacy and offering contingency...

Notice all the people in STS that ran HOOSIER and KUMHO because they could
get contingency money..  and we all know that there are faster street tires
then both those offerings.

Jeff
If A tire company risks loosing 100 or more sets sold by putting them self
on the "blacklist" it would not be good for them
Just make the punishment severe enough for the tire companies, maby even a
FINE or pull their advertising from sportscar
Or something