Re: Protest in HS?

To: pfoster@gdi.net, autox@autox.team.net (team.net)
Subject: Re: Protest in HS?
From: SpedToe169@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:09:27 EDT
>>Reasonable? That only sounds reasonable to me if the car went out of
>>spec on it's own. Was that their determination?!?

>>Paul Foster

Yes, The detemination was that the timing was not off intentionally. It was
in fact retarded, not advanced as one would expect to gain a performance
advantage.  If anything it was hurting him.  The distributor has something
like 150k+ on it and is one of the few things on the car that is not new.  I
am convinced that it was not intentional and that Russ had prepared the car
to the letter of the rules, only to have worn parts bring it out of spec.
Also keep in mind that ignition timing was not the original protest...the
first protest was for cam timing, which was found to be legal.  The protestor
was simply pulling things out of his ass trying to find something wrong with
the car.

John Dolecek
HS13