Re: RX7 displacement (was:Z06 Corvette and Nationals?)

To: chuck@decaturnet.com, autoX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RX7 displacement (was:Z06 Corvette and Nationals?)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 22:15:58 EDT
In a message dated 8/12/00 12:36:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
chuck@decaturnet.com writes:

<< The leading and trailing plugs both fire once for each side of the rotor...

 BUT
 the E-shaft RPM is 3 times faster than the rotor RPM.

 so it would be equal with 4 cylinder.

 one power "stroke" per rotor per epichrod.  >>

I'm not sure it matters how many cylinders it equals.  I think the bottom
line is power production and fuel consumption.  If it produces power like a 4
litre and consumes fuel like a 4 litre, it's a lot more like a 4 litre than
it is like a 1.3 litre.  I think a NA 13B is a lot more like a big 6 than it
is a 1.3 litre 4.  And a twin turbo 13B produces power a lot closer to
something between 5.0 and 5.7 litres.  I just think saying "it's a 1.3 litre"
is naive...

CHD